Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Supposed to

I was supposed to go to a Royals game that night with my dad and brother. Instead I found myself frantic to hear the voices of anyone I loved on a cell phone that afternoon. September 11, 2001 was the first of many "supposed tos..." in the life of our country and world, but also in my own life, that didn't turn out as expected. But, had things happened the way they were supposed to, I would never be where I am. Had I stayed in the church situation I was at, I might never have met Rene. Just one of a multitude of ways God flipped the supposed to's on their heads for His greater purposes.

This year, I was "supposed to" be working full time in Olathe on a contract, but as you know, things didn't turn out that way. Then, I was "supposed to" be back to my normal fall routine of subbing here and there, including in a new district in addition to what I had been, plus the many groups at TimberRidge. Then, the day before school starts, I get a phone call asking if I can begin the school year for a 4th grade teacher at the same elementary I did the long-terms at last year. It is not certain how long this will last, so I'm proceeding as if it could last a while.

So, since then I've been in 4th grade land every day. It's a little outside my normal comfort zone, but the kids are great. Now if only they'd hand all their work in on time and think before they write things down! It's definitely a different rhythm than I'm used to. It's both refreshing and stressful to be completely in charge of a classroom again.

If I can get all my certification ducks in a row, being on this job really strengthens my chances for next year. Stay with me and I will try to keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home